Wednesday 27 November 2013

We The People

Imperfection

Ignorance Is Bliss


Hello World.

Been a while since my last post... 

So I guess I'll kick it off with a small drawing I made a couple of months ago.

Sorry about the quality, the original size was around 3400 x 2500 or something like that and I had to re-size it with a program since none of the default options on Blogger suited the blog... so i suppose it came out a little blurry but ah well you'll get the point! 

While a few of you have already seen this, some of my readers asked me to put this photo up with sort of an explanation to it, so here it is:

Nos Autem Populus
Alright where do I start... The main body of the pyramid represents our society, "the world we have built" so to say... 
As you might have figured already, the man who's kneeling in the fire trying to climb the pyramid represents man kind and our planet earth as one, I suppose by portraying us in such a form I tried to convey the point that whatever we do to ourselves, in the aftermath is also reflected upon our planet... and vice versa.

In the drawing, we (The Man) are reaching towards the eye, this eye is NOT god, what the eye represents is our "Higher Self", It's the ultimate state of being, the absolute apex of our existence, but this state of being is being kept away from us...

It is being kept away by the distractions which are consuming our lives (which is represented by the barbed wire of course)... the media, money, music, etc... Please note that there is good music, good TV shows, good movies and so on... but common face it people, most of the shit you see on TV now or hear on the radio is purely stupefying trash. 

Now for those of you who couldn't make it out, the stripe on the man's head is representing an eye-patch, I think this is the most important point of my sketch because it tells us that one eye is open.. one is closed. 

What I was trying to put across was that the eye that is open sees only the distractions, it only sees the "Want", where the closed eye represents our ignorance... This eye is also the key to our higher selves, by representing our closed eye as the eye inside the triangle I'm trying to say that we KNOW we are ignorant, we KNOW that we should be doing something better with our lives, we KNOW that these distractions are exactly what they are... distractions. Yet we chose to ignore this knowledge. 

The upsetting part is that this is OUR fault. 

The fire, skeleton bones, and some religious items represent the foundation on which we have built our society on... how on earth could we build paradise when the elementary component of the cornerstone is made up of hundreds and thousands of years worth of hatred, conflict, war & lies... To show this point I've drawn the pyramid (the world we've built) broken & in the process of falling apart.

So yeah I think that covered the main idea... Hope you enjoyed it & I hope I will be posting more often from now on :S 

I'll just leave you guys with this:

"Creation seems to come out of imperfection. It seems to come out of striving & frustration"     - Kim Krizan

No comments:

Post a Comment